Sunday, January 8, 2012

Is it possible to learn to play the violin without hands-on instruction?

Any instrument to be played well comes from the love of the instrument. My son learned the harp of all things by playing it by himself when he was 10. Yep same biker son that is 24 now. To me an instrument of any kind is like hugging a good friend or feeling comfortable in a familiar chair. If you really love what you are trying to accomplish...YOU CAN DO IT. I personally believe that teachers are great but I also believe that even the best teacher cannot teach what it not in the person (you know kinda like Karate). If you reallly like the sound and feel of the violin you can learn to play it by yourself. Or if you are not comfortable with it in your arms it will sound like you are just trying to attract other mates at the fence who like pink soctch. BUT whether you succeed or not you will teach your children in the process to TRY and also if it does not work out you will teach them that we all have limits that we must accept. MUCH SUCCESS either way. I personally loved to play and so does my daughter...My personal belief..a house cannot have too much music, too many books, too much love, and it can never have too much laughter. LTL Alda

No comments:

Post a Comment